Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fantasy Football

Fantasy football makes people do things they don't want to do. This past Sunday, I was forced to root against my beloved New York Giants as they played their fierce NFC East rivals, the Philadelphia Eagles. It turns out that I had that week decided to start Philly quarterback Michael Vick, who had put up legendary numbers the week before. (If you're still reading, I give you props, since a few rare people actually enjoy reading about fantasy sports) I'd had mixed emotions about my decision to start Vick: I was in a dilemma. Do I compromise my allegiance to my squad, or do I miss out on starting (possibly) the most influential player in the game of football? So, it turns out that the Giants lost by ten points and Mike Vick had a relatively mediocre game (by his standards). Pretty much, I found this weekend that it's no fun to root against your team, because in the end, it doesn't work out that well.
Stay true to your school (or favorite football team)

No comments:

Post a Comment